Pages

Friday 27 March 2015

Lever harp

My harp is here! :D It arrived last Saturday. I'm so happy and grateful to have it, and really look forward to starting my lessons in May <3

It's a 22 string lever harp - just the right size to start on, I think :) Strung with nylon, and it has a lovely, dreamy sound. May cannot come too soon!

If you'd like, please listen to these recordings from the Inter-Celtic Festival of Lorient:
Anne Postic in 2008- the first piece in the session is composed by her and is my absolute favourite!
Virginie Le Furaut, same year
Lina Bellard in 2010, on a wire-strung harp - a very different sound but equally amazing artistry (the music in this video lasts only until ~min 7).

Many thanks to my dear husband, aunt and mother, for their support in following my dream of learning the harp! <3


In closing, another photo, of a pearly bookmark I made last week as a little present for my mother-in-law on her birthday. I was so pleased with how it came out, that I went and ordered some more findings! :) Some glass beads or semi-precious stones I think would look very nice, or how about mixing it up with some felt beads, crochet and fabric? Can't wait! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment