Pages

Thursday 26 February 2015

Finished!

This is what happened last week:



I finished my Lucky Bear! :D He is adorable, and I'd love to stitch some other brothers and sisters for him from the lovely bunch from Kirikí Press.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of Mollie Makes gift kits from the past issues to keep me occupied!

The bear is too big to easily turn him into a brooch, but I'm still thinking of ways I could wear him (he's too cute not to be taken out and about), so if you have any ideas, please don't hesitate to give us a shout! :D

He is a small triumph in a different way as well: as a textbook ENFP, I am not a natural finisher. I can get lots of enthusiasm for a new idea, and start a new project with a lot of eagerness and vision, only to jump ahead into the next one when the idea strucks, often without taking the time to wrap up my previous endeavour.

Recently, things I've been reading have reminded me of this and I realized this aspect of my personality still needs a good amount of intentional work, the urgency of which is augmented by the fact that I am now a parent, and finishing things well is definitely on the list of habits, or character traits, that I would want to instill in my child. This is also most surely one of those matters in which a child will unconsciously 'absorb' her or his parents' way of doing things, over and above anything they might say about it.

A little (?!) challenge for me then: how many projects, crafty or otherwise, big or small, will I be able to finish by the end of this year? They can be things I've started a long time ago (affectionately known among crafters as WIPs or works in progress), or new things. If you'd like to join the challenge, you're more than welcome! Please let me know through comments of any newly finished projects, if you'd like us to spur each other on, and at the end of the year we can compile our foot-long lists! :D

I think I'll add a new blog post tag: finished!, to keep track of them. 'That's a good idea', as my Bee would say. Please feel free to adopt it as well if you want! :)

Another little thing I finished this week was my very first scrapbook layout, yay! :D
Here it is:



I'm super excited about doing scrapbooking, it's very satisfying when a layout is coming together! Too bad the living room floor ends up inevitably covered in supplies, but the time spent creating and then clearing the chaos away is well worth it!

I'm aiming for at least 10 different pages for this particular scrapbook, and the plan is at least one new layout per month. Here's to a post about it tagged finished!, at the end of the year! :D

5 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea a "finished" tag is! I'm looking forward to seeing that layout now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He-hee! So glad it is resonating with you! :D I have updated the post (even though I'm almost too shy now), thank you very much for your comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, Mari. Your first layout is lovely; I really like the sprinkled flowers and circular bits. And of course, the subject matter too! I am happy to have found your blog. Your turtle postcard to me arrived a couple days ago and now it finishes the divided page protector where I am keeping them. So thank you for that. I look forward to visiting you often. And I'll be mulling over that idea of a Finished! tag, as well. Bye for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Susanne! :D It's so good to hear from you! :) Thank you for your kind words! Wow, that was a loooong journey for a small, slow turtle, wasn't it?! But I'm happy to know it has reached you safely in the end. I'll be hopping over to your blog too! xxo

      Delete
    2. Hello, Susanne! :D It's so good to hear from you! :) Thank you for your kind words! Wow, that was a loooong journey for a small, slow turtle, wasn't it?! But I'm happy to know it has reached you safely in the end. I'll be hopping over to your blog too! xxo

      Delete